Adding ERC20 Tokens on MetaMask Wallet
Normally, MetaMask displays ERC20 standard tokens(or standard tokens) you own on your account page.
To see your tokens, click on the bar under the Fox icon. Your tokens should be listed.
If your token is not listed automatically, you may add the tokens manually. On your account page, scroll down to find the “Add Token” button.
In the new MetaMask User Interface (Beta), we have developed a search bar for popular tokens to help you find your tokens more easily.
How to use the search bar?
You may follow these steps:
- Type in words contained in the token you would like to search. For example, if I would like to look for Bancor Network Token (Symbol: BNT), I just type “b” in the bar, and the search bar will return suggestions.
- Select token of interest, and click next to proceed. (*When you select a token, the border of the icon will be highlighted in blue)
- Click add the token to proceed. You will then be directed to your account page. The token you have just added will be listed.
The steps to adding a custom token to MetaMask are as follows:
- On the “Add Token” page, click on “Add custom token” to expand the search window.
- Enter the token address of interest in the space under “Token Address”.
- Click next to proceed
- You will be directed to confirm adding token. Click “Add Token” to confirm.
What if I don’t know the token address?
Please be aware that if someone told you they have sent you tokens, but s/he is unable to provide you with the token address, or the transaction hash(a unique transaction id), it’s possible that s/he hasn’t done so.
Without the token address, you would have had the information required to track those tokens.